Monday, May 25, 2015

Remembering Our Heroes

While Memorial Day weekend is usually considered the kickoff to the summer, filled with lake days and barbecues, it's important to remember why we have this holiday. Memorial Day is meant to remember all of the men and women in our country's armed forces who passed away while serving. As a product of a military family, this day strikes a chord in my heart. Although we were lucky that none of our family members died in combat, it's still important to remember that many other soldiers were not that lucky. 

My great grandfather was a Major General in the Army Air Corp during World War II. 
My great grandfather, the Major General.
My dad's father, a Colonel in the Army during Vietnam.
My mom's father, who served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War.

In addition to the men pictured above, two of my cousins and my uncle have served in the armed forces, and my older brother will go into the Army when he graduates college. The military always has been and as always will be very important to me. I hope you take today to thank those who have served. Both of my grandfathers have passed away in the past year, and I wish I had taken the opportunity to thank them again for their service and devotion to protecting my freedom. 

God Bless America!

No comments :

Post a Comment