Friday, May 29, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things:

Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 

I'm the biggest Harry Potter nerd, and while a lot of people won't pick a favorite, the third book of the series is by far my favorite. (But I also recommend reading the whole series!)

Perfume: Ralph Lauren Big Pony #3

I would consider this my signature scent. It has a fruity, floral smell that just makes me really happy. I have both the Eau du Toilette and the rollerball and am very quickly running out of both.

Nail Polish: Essie Buy Me A Cameo

This is the best neutral nail polish. The color is a beautiful rose gold. It's classic and goes with everything. I do recommend a few coats and a top coat to keep it from chipping.

Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette

I don't care what any one else says, the original Naked palette is the best. It's a little pricy, but oh so worth it. I've used it nearly everyday for the past two years and have barely hit pan. The colors are great and extremely versatile - you can use them for everyday looks or daring smokey eyes and everything in between. 

Coffee: HEB Cafe Ole Texas Pecan Coffee

For those of you not from Texas, I'm sorry. HEB is the grocery store of choice here in South Texas, and this is the best coffee from their store brand. My mom actually sends it to me in care packages, because nothing else even comes close. So worth it.

Travel Mug: Tervis Kappa Alpha Theta 16oz Tumbler

This was a Christmas gift from my best friend Sara (read her blog here). I used it, and another one I have of the same size, every single day for coffee in the morning. It perfectly fits the largest cup on the standard Keuring, it's great.

Pressed Powder: Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Powder

I have 105 Translucent and 110 Porcelain, both are great - be careful with the translucent though, because it can appear extremely white in flash photos if you use too much. It keeps your face matte and foundation in place all day long. I swirl my brush around in the powder and pat all over my face. I love it so much I want to test out the matching Fit Me! foundation.

Shoes: Birkenstock Gizeh Sandals in Mocha

These are hands down the best shoes I've ever had. Yes, they're expensive, but I can guarantee you will get your money's worth. I've had them for about four years now and have worn them to death. Some people (i.e. my boyfriend) hate them - I don't care. I have lots of feet problems, and these sandals are wonderfully supportive. You will not be disappointed. 

CD: Underdog by Aaron Watson

This has been my favorite album for quite a few months now. All of Aaron Watson's albums are great, but I especially like this one. It has a great mix of songs - my personal favorites are That Look and Getaway Truck. If you haven't heard of Aaron Watson, look him up. You won't be disappointed.

Check out some of my favorites, maybe they'll become your favorites too!

No comments :

Post a Comment