Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Dorm Inspiration

I am so excited to share the inspiration for my dorm room for this year. Yes, I am a junior still living in the dorms, that's a whole other story. It wasn't my plan, but I am excited for it, especially because I will have a single room. Since I don't have to worry about decorating around a roommate this year, I can really dive into decorating my room the way I want it. 

I'm not completely overhauling all of my dorm decor, but I am modifying it. Freshman year I went with a bright coral and aqua color scheme, which I still love, but I am entering my 20s and the second half of college and I want a look that is more grown up, but still bright and fun.
Coral, aqua and gold dorm - alittleashley.blogspot.com

I'm keeping the same color scheme (I obviously like these colors if you can't tell from my blog). But I'm toning things down a bit with a white duvet cover and adding in gold accents. I actually plan to decorate one wall with removable adhesive gold pineapples from Wall Pops. I'm not sure how to improve the rest of the wall, but I do plan to hang up a cork board over my desk. I have one my grandma was getting rid of that I plan to cover in fabric or spray paint, before covering it in cute printables and cute gold tassels so I have an actual pin board in my room. 

To dress up the room a bit, I'm adding in a metal trellis nightstand with a mirrored top, similar to the one pictured, that I found on clearance at Tuesday Morning. I also plan to perk up the brown tile floor with a turquoise rug my mom found at Big Lots. A DIY headboard in a bold print fabric should also help the bed look more homey. Bunches of throw pillows can also dress up a bed too. I really want to add in a cute pineapple pillow like this one I found on etsy.

I plan to share photos of my room once it is all decorated. If you want to see more of the look I'm going for, check out my Pinterest board for my dorm here:



How do you plan to decorate your dorm room?

1 comment :

  1. I just posted my some dorm room inspiration on my blog too, I'm going to be a college freshmen this year!! I LOVE the color combo you picked out, I can't wait to see how it all turns out!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete