Friday, June 26, 2015

Country Concert Cutie

Tomorrow night, my best friend Sara (check out her blog) and I are going to a concert for one of our favorite Texas country bands, Josh Abbott Band. Yes, there is a difference between Texas country and mainstream country, in my opinion. So I thought I would create a little outfit inspiration, mainly because I don't know what to wear yet! 

So without further adieu, here are some of my picks that would be perfect for a country concert, or just the summer in general!


chambray dress / cream kimono / halter dress / white kimono / romper / boots (these are my favorite! so comfy and go with everything) / red dress

Honestly, you could put anything with cowboy boots and it would look cute (that may be my Texas talking). For concerts, especially in the summer, I prefer dresses, because there isn't as much fabric directly on your skin. Go with a pattern so you don't have to accessorize much. But for something more plain, I think paring it with a light lacy kimono would be adorable. I wouldn't recommend wearing something strapless, but this romper is just too cute. And of course don't forget your boots!!!

Also, I thought it would be fun to include a list of my favorite songs from the band we're seeing.
In no particular order, these are my favorite Josh Abbott songs (but really all of them are good!)

1. Hangin' Around
2. My Texas (feat. Pat Green)
3. I'll Sing About Mine
4. She's Like Texas
5. Good Night for Dancing
6. Road Trippin (a favorite for both Sara and I)
7. Matagorda Bay
8. Taste

After tomorrow night we may have some new favorites!

No comments :

Post a Comment