Monday, July 20, 2015

summer shopping haul

 The other day I went shopping with my sweet friend Chandler, and I might have gone a little crazy, but for good reason. I went to a private high school and even a year after graduating, my wardrobe is still greatly lacking. Also I found great sales and discounts everywhere so they were really hard to pass up. While a lot of what I got is more summery, I think most of the pieces will transition well into fall, especially since fall in South Carolina is still pretty warm. Here is what I bought!

Sperry Audrey Boat Shoe // these aren't the exact ones I got from Nordstrom Rack, mine are lighter with dark brown trim, but I love the style and I know these will be great for wearing with just about everything at school. 

Navy Striped Dress // Old Navy was rocking it this weekend all the clothes I got (except for the romper) are from there. I love this navy and white striped dress. It's simple, practical and oh so cute.

Kendra Scott Elisa Necklace // This was my little birthday present to myself. The picture does not do it justice, the iridescent drusy stone catches the light and reflects colors so beautifully. It's already part of my daily jewelry rotation. The Kendra Scott birthday discount (50% off one item during the month of your birthday!!!) also made it extremely reasonable.

Blue Oversized Tee // This shirt is so soft and comfortable, it feels like pajamas. It can go with just about everything, and with layering it'll be perfect for fall.

Floral Pineapple Romper // This adorable romper is from Aeropostale. Now I know what you're thinking, wasn't that place popular in 6th grade? Well yes. But I stumbled back upon Aeropostale this week when I found an Aeropostale gift card (probably from 6th grade). This romper was too precious to pass up. They also had a ton of other great stuff... another post on that may be coming soon.

Tank Tops // I decided to pick up some basics because Old Navy is the best for that. I got one in white, navy stripes and pink, because neutrals are necessary.

Madras Button Down // I have a major thing for button downs, I definitely have way too many. This one is super lightweight, but could easily work for any season when paired with the right things. 

Green Skirt // The greatest thing about this skirt is the pockets. Who doesn't love pockets? The olive green can go with anything and will be perfect for the fall. Paired with a simple top it'll be an adorable outfit for class. With a blouse or button down, it would be professional enough for sorority chapter meetings. 

Blue Shorts // The loose patterned short trend has been super popular this summer and this girl has definitely been on board. These almost seem like pajamas, but you can go out in public in them. These are more of a summer only item but they were so cute, I couldn't resist.

Patterned Skirt // I'm always looking for cute and comfortable skirts for school. I prefer skirts and dresses to pants (who actually likes wearing pants?). This is going to pair so well with some of my stitched sorority letter shirts, which we wear every Tuesday at Clemson, or with a normal top for any day of the week. 

What fun fashion items have you found this summer?

No comments :

Post a Comment